Thursday, May 28, 2015

Showers of Blessing in the Land of Milk


When I visit biblical sites in the land, I often recall those who have been here before me. This thought process provides me with insights for living and often evokes gratitude.

Then there are times to just enjoy the present moment and to give thanks for what God is doing today. God provided rain for the oasis of Jericho today. I am told that it rarely rains in Jericho which lies in the "land of milk." If it were not for the Springs of Elisha, the City of Palms would look like the Wilderness around it. Rainfall is miniscule.

I joined the locals in giving thanks for the much-needed rain and could not help but soak in the resulting rainbow, God's sign of His covenant with Noah. What a remarkable day to be in ancient Jericho!

HT: Throwback Thursday and a blog first published in 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment